What you Honour – You will Empower
In Mark 4 Jesus told a parable of four types of seeds. In verses 18 and 19 He spoke about the seed that fell among the thorns. When the time came, the tender plants grew up and so did the thorns. In the end, those young plants could not survive because they were crowded out by the thorns. Do you feel like you have been crowded by those thorns?
Further on, Jesus explained the parable and gave a great illustration of what not to do. The seed represents God’s message, and the soil represents our hearts. Jesus was saying that those people received the Word, but because of stress, being overwhelmed with worries about all the things they had to do and all the things they had to get – no fruit was produced. (Mark 4:18-19)
In December Prophetic Word, I talked about the Hebrew letter “Gimel”, which looks like a walking man, or running man. Also, this letter has the same root as the word “Gamal”, which means “camel”.
Thankfully, this letter does not only illustrate running. Physically, many can start running, but not everyone will be able to endure the whole race. It all depends on your ability, your health and your training.
The letter “Gimel” represents running AND a divine strength to run the race. Camels can travel days and days through the hottest desert without stopping, because of their humps where there are mounds of fat stored.
The Lord is saying if you wait for His grace – continue believing and seeing with your spiritual eyes God’s goodness upon your life, you will experience the divine strength. If you try to achieve something by your own strength worrying, no good fruit will be produced. Those worries, stress, anxiety are strong enough to keep you out of God’s plans for your life. They won’t allow you to have any space to grow.
The seed grows. Thorns grow too. If you continue thinking about bad things, you are authorizing those thorns to become stronger until they crowd out the Word of God. Do not allow worry or stress to enter your heart. You will not do yourself any good. On the contrary, you will feel weaker and weaker, but those thorns stronger and stronger.
The letter Gimel talks about the full supply. Who do you choose to trust? God, yourself or your circumstances? God wants only the best for you and there is no one who can convince you unless you, You and YOU decide to believe and trust that He is your Jehovah-Jireh, the Lord WILL Provide.
What you honour – you will empower. When you honour worries of this life, you will empower them.
Honour God’s Word! Do not give any credit to fear and worry, but give credit to God and Who He is. Start thanking Him. Enter His gates with thanksgiving and praise and say, “I am not going to worry. I am not going to allow that stress to ruin peace and joy which I have in Jesus. I will not allow anxiety to lead my life. Jesus is my Shepherd. Jesus is my strength. Jesus is my full supply. I NOW have all I need – more than enough. God will fully satisfy every need I have. I am abundantly satisfied with God’s goodness, His faithfulness and mercy. In Christ, I shall not want, because I have everything in Him.”
If you do that, you will run your race without growing weary, and walk through life without giving up! (Isaiah 40:31)
21 Days of Fasting Posts:
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 21) – The Blessings Will Overflow
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 20) – Take Up a Challenge
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 19) – God’s Joy is the Best Medicine
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 14) – Don’t Let Anyone Steal Your Peace
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 13) – You are a Kingdom Dweller
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 10) – God’s Fullness Abides in You
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 9) – God is Healing You From Trauma
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 8) – Leave the Familiar
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 7) – God’s Greatness is Upon You
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 6) – A New Sound is Watering Your Miracle
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 5) – Rest in God’s Assurance
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 4) – From Lamentation to Revelation
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 3) – God is Birthing a New Thing!
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 2) – Rest in God’s Promises
- 21 Days of Fasting (Day 1) – What you Honour, You will Empower
- Rise Up on Wings: Soaring as Eagles in the Sky – Prophetic Word
- What is Holding You Back? – Unlock Your True Potential in Christ
- Spiritual Lesson from Eagles: Finding Strength and Freedom
- Receive God’s Promise of Peace: Psalm 23
- Receive God’s Promise of Refreshing: Psalm 23
- God Shall Restore You: Psalm 23